Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Learning to Enjoy Fitness: Team Beachbody & Shakeology

Have you ever signed up for the gym, and continued to pay for the membership, regardless of the fact that you weren't using it?!

Well, welcome to the club! Hi, I'm Aurelia, and I've been sedentary for too many months now!

So here I am, embarking on yet another journey that I'm so unfamiliar with... FITNESS & LOSING WEIGHT. I recently decided I was going to "quit the gym," because I just simply did not know what I was doing there.

BUT, lucky for me, a long-time friend became a Team Beachbody Coach shortly after. Since my recent act of cancelling-the-gym-membership did nothing to suppress my desire to be more active, I told my friend I wanted to join her team. She actually set up a facebook page for all the group members so that we could motivate each other, post our progress, and even learn about new challenges. I've been keeping up with their posts for a few weeks, and then I finally decided to pull the trigger.


What is Team Beachbody?
Exactly how it sounds. Team Beachbody is a fitness and healthy eating regimen, for both beginners and fitness experts alike. They have so many different exercise programs that you can purchase and do on your own (like the P90X). My team is currently doing the Focus T25 exercise program, along with Shakeology. I spent weeks researching both of these, to see if they were really worth all that money (each item is over $100, yikes!), and I was pretty happy with what I found, so I just jumped right in!

Focus T25
This program consists of three phases: Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. Each phase is 5 weeks long, and each workout is 25 minutes long, five days a week, including one day of doing two workouts (50 min total). Sound intense enough for a beginner? That's how I felt! But I've seen results from other team members, and I am still in awe!

Shakeology
This is the shake that you can buy via your Beachbody Coach. It's a meal replacement, and claims to be the "healthiest meal of the day." The evidence is astounding, but I'll let you make that decision on your own. It's highly recommended that we drink this while going through the exercise program, for faster results. Again, I've seen my team's results, and there's no way I can deny my body the privilege of knowing what that feels like! I purchased my own Strawberry Shakeology, and my Coach provided a bunch of recipes to make my shake taste even better.

Today, marks Day 2 for me.
You can pick any meal during the day to drink Shakeology, so yesterday I picked breakfast, and today was lunch. At first, I mixed the powder with water only, and it was so gross. I could barely handle it. So last night, I went shopping for a few things to blend my shake with, and today was much better. In fact, it was really good and easy to drink. I decided that if I was going to be successful at this, I needed to have my shake for lunch during the week. Not only will this keep my daily calories down, but also my expenses! I will continue to post my own recipes as I come up with them.

And as for Day 1 of T25, which I completed last night after work, it was definitely intense. It was a great way to be introduced to the program, since it was 25 minutes of non-stop movement, and the time went by really fast!

So wish me luck everybody! I have a long road ahead of me, but I'm very excited for this, just as I was for my meditation challenge. I'll try to post my results at the end of every week.

xoxo
     Aurelia

2 comments:

  1. It's always the perfect time to start on a journey of healthy eating and fitness. Good luck to you! Do keep us posted on your progress, okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Thanks for your support =)

      Delete